Reiki master or healer is a level of achievement in Reiki. Some people believe that Reiki healer means he mastered the art of Reiki healing. Being a Reiki healer carries a great deal of responsibility that one has to fulfil. A Reiki master has three main responsibilities.
Responsibility to Himself
A healer has to nurture and develop from within. He has to release any negativity from within. In today’s world, one often comes across conflict that one can choose to either take on board or resolve calmly. One may suffer from disease, face negative emotional reactions and suffer from feelings like worry, anger and low self-esteem. A healer should not allow these feelings to fester and grow, but let them go and heal.
Responsibility to People and Students
The healer has a major responsibility to the people who come for Reiki. They include members of public who come for treatment and the students who come for initiation and teaching. When someone comes for Reiki treatment, a healer has to explain to the client in detail about Reiki and encourage him to go for it. A Reiki Master has to explain the client about this holistic process and need for several sessions. It helps in healing the symptoms as well as the underlying causes.
When a student approaches a healer for initiation and teaching, it is the beginning of a spiritual and emotional journey. After taking into account the road travelled before by the student, the Reiki healer has to support the student on his exciting new journey with Reiki.
A good Reiki healer will be sensitive to the needs of his students. After the initiation and teaching, a healer can support his student by making himself available to the student and maintaining the regular contact and supervision. The rest is up to how the student responds to his Reiki healer.
Responsibility to Environment
A healer has to care of his environment. He has to be responsible, love unconditionally, and allow the healing radiance to flow wherever it is needed. A Reiki Master has to start each day by asking himself that he is a channel or conduit for Reiki energy and allow it to flow wherever he is. A Reiki Master has to strongly believe that living by the Reiki Principles will earn him decent amount to live happily.
- All Reiki healers must follow the Reiki Rules which are given below as a brief description:
- Absolute confidentiality between a practitioner and the client must be maintained at any cost and no information should be disclosed to an outsider. Anything that is discussed between the two should not be disclosed.
- A Reiki practitioner should provide a safe and comfortable atmosphere for client sessions.
- A client should always be treated with respect and honor.
- A Reiki practitioner must give a description to the client beforehand regarding what the client would experience before, during and after the session.
- A Reiki practitioner should respect the opinions, views and methods of all other practitioners. He has the freedom to decide to learn from them. He should always give his services rightly.
- A practitioner should educate clients on the value of Reiki to the clients and make clear that sessions do not guarantee complete healing or recovery.
- A practitioner should inform the client that Reiki is not a substitute for professional medical care and explain that Reiki treatments are holistic in nature.
- The healer should find out whether the client is undergoing any medical treatment. If the practitioner thinks that a client requires professional medical attention then he should suggest to the client that he consult a professional medical care provider. Reiki is a wonderful complement to medical treatment and the practitioner must be aware of past, current and ongoing medical treatments of their client.
- The healer should never diagnose or prescribe treatment to the client or interfere with ongoing medical treatment.
- A Reiki Practitioner can never ask his clients to undress. The practitioner should never touch sensitive areas, including genitals or breasts. While healing such parts, he should use only hands-off techniques.
- A healer should work on his own healing so as to embody and express the essence of Reiki in everything they do.